Thursday, July 17, 2008

my kind of hump day!

I am usually ambiviliant towards Wednesdays but this particular "hump day" was quite refreshing.  I slept until 8, got up and around, meandered into work about 9.30, had a decent cup of coffee with my breakfast, a GREAT homemade taco salad for lunch and some delicious honeydew and pineapple for a snack.  I cut out early with the intention of going to get my Mom a birthday card as we were having dinner later.  I headed home and decided, that being a card-maker, I should probably MAKE her a card.  I sat down and after pawing through my stash of papers (mmmmmmlarrrrrrrrrrr....paaaaaa-per....) I started.  I thought it would be difficult as I have been making my "Sorry" cards for so long perhaps I had forgotten how to make a different style of card but to my surprise it came together very quickly.  This was a good thing because I went a little crazy with the Stickles and as you may or may not know, they take a good while to dry.  By the time I was ready to leave, it was dry and ready to go into the envelope.  If I were a dilligent crafter, I would have taken a picture of it because it was super-cute but, alas, I did not.  Perhaps I will add one later because I'm certain that my Momma would NEVER throw anything away that I make for her.  I know there are boxes of stuff in the attic that she couldn't bear to part with and she's probably glad she only had one kid but I digress.  Off to dinner with Mom and some friends and over dinner we discuss ghosts, etsy, cloth napkins, applique, etsy, material, Walmart and fried peaches.  I also get my craft blocks that I ordered from Julie-----they're bliss!  It was quite a lovely dinner.  After dinner Mom splits and Julie and Patty and I head off to the aforementioned "W" store as I have been informed that they now carry the Martha Stewart line and am anxious to see what my Mom has left in stock for me.
We get there and head to the craft section to check it out.  I purchased a pad of 
heavy textured cardstock, some blank wood plaques, some switch plates, a glue pad and an 18 pack of MS glitter.  This is no ordinary glitter my friends.  It is 18 shades of heaven.  I DID take a picture of it...Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI was so excited about my new purchases that I decided I would be working from home on Thursday and going straight home to craft.  And craft I did.  I got 15 blocks painted and ready for the paper and paste, got 3 of them paper'd and pasted and made a set of 4 cards. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI can't wait to see what I create tomorrow!  After Julie and I hit up some more stores for fabric for her FRAKIN' sweet cloth napkins.  Check them out here!

Oh, I also took a pic of the plaques that I made Tuesday.Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI think they are adorable but that is just the crafter's opinion...feel free to leave yours in the comments!

paste out
-kate
a little more girlie than surly for now






No comments: